St Paul’s Girls’ School was founded by the Worshipful Company of Mercers in 1904, using part of the endowment of the foundation set up by John Colet, to create a girls’ school to complement the boys’ school he had founded in the sixteenth century.
Since its founding, the school has undergone a number of extensions including a swimming pool, music wing, science block, library extension, sports hall, and specialist drama provision. The latest re-development proposals are for two new buildings for general teaching and sports, remodelling of many existing spaces and other refurbishment works to introduce and enhance teaching provision.
Scotch provided acoustic technical guidance on measures to be incorporated into the design to enable compliance with Building Bulletin 93 to be achieved. Our team have contributed towards the drafting of the latest BB93 school acoustic design standard; making us well placed to advice on this prestigious project.